Church of Saint-Samson, Ouistreham

1180

The church is a dependency of the Ladies' Abbey in Caen

Site history

To the Abbey’s prestigious patronage, the church very probably owes its rich decor, uniquely geometric, with an exceptionally high western facade, with three arcade levels above a porch devoid of a tympanum. The nave is also evocative of the arrangement found in Caen’s Sainte Trinité (Ladies’ Abbey). The choir and the tower date from the 13th century.

Pratical information

Eglise Saint-Samson
Place Lemarignier
14150 OUISTREHAM

Tel : 02 31 97 18 63

info@tourisme-ouistreham.fr

Visit the website

More Infos

 

Opening hours and rates :

Open from 01/01/2017 to 31/12/2017
 

Site location

Images of the site